How To Prepare Your Track For A Mastering Session
For the mastering session, we will need:
- Your track(s) as a lossless digital file with at least -5dBTP headroom
- No limiting/clipping from your stereo master output channel
- Any notes you may have about what you would like to achieve
- Leave at least one bar of silence at the start, and 8 bars of silence at the end of your track
- Do not “down-sample” when exporting your pre-master, we recommend you export the audio from your project at the same bit depth and sample rate it was produced in
- Turn off dithering
- Produced a mix that’s to the best of your musical ability?
- Labelled your track with Artist Name & track Title? (Helps when we encode the metadata)
- Compared your mix to several references? (At equal volume)
- Left enough headroom on your “Mix buss channel” to avoid clipping on your Stereo Master Output Channel?
- Checked the entire mix for clicks, pops or any other artefact’s? (tip: listen on headphones)
- Turned off any “analogue noise” within your plugins? (see image below)
- Left 1bar of silence before the track starts & 4 bars after the track finishes?
- Exported a high-quality WAV file? (NO MP3s!) (tip: Export your audio file at the same “bit depth & sample rate” that your DAW project was produced in to prevent Down-Sampling defects)
If Yes, Then let’s get mastering!
What We Will Need For A Stem Mix-down
Follow these pointers for best results.
- Export your stem’s “un-converted” this means, do not “down-sample” the bit depth or sample rate when exporting
- Export your audio stems at the same sample rate and bit depth as your DAW project is set to (typical settings are 44.1kHz | 48kHz – 16Bit, or 24Bit)
- A copy of your track mixed to the best of your ability, (as a rough guide for us to reference with)
- Single or batched stems of audio to be exported from the “zero points” til the end of the project track.
- Please make sure that there is headroom on each stem, do not allow the audio to “red-line“
- Any notes you may have about what you would like to achieve or a track reference you would like to use
Click The Button To Send Us Your Files